quarta-feira, agosto 20, 2003

OS STAIND SÃO UMA NÓDOA CASTANHA NOS CALÇÕES DO NICK



Em homenagem ao concerto dos Queens of the Stone Age de hoje à noite em Paredes de Coura, o The Pirilampo Magico Project tem a honra de oferecer ao seu vasto auditório uma exclusiva hilariante entrevista informal ao baixista Nick Oliveri. Nesta entrevista poderão ficar a saber exactamente qual a opinião de Oliveri sobre bandas degradantes como os Creed ou os Staind, que curiosamente actuam hoje antes dos QOTSA…

O download do vídeo conta como tráfego nacional (são cerca de 13Mb) e está disponível neste link. Clickem em “Save target as…” no link. O download pode ser lento mas compensa.

Entretanto, escrevo aqui em baixo a tradução do vídeo. É bem mais fácil do que seguir as legendas em alemão…



Nick Oliveri: Can’t stand Creed!...

(comentário imperceptível)

N.O.: I want the guy to die!... (risos) That’s about the extent of it…. I don’t the… I don’t want the band to just break up, I want there to be a death. (excelente gargalhada) And I want to be the singer! Ok?...

(alguem diz o nome do vocalista dos Creed: Scott Stapp)

(entra Josh Homme em cena)

N.O.: And then he can give me his cocaine habit and all his money and it will be fine…

(o entrevistador avisa que Josh Homme está à frente da câmara)

Josh Homme: What?

N.O.: And then… You’re talking how much you like Creed, and i hate Creed… No, really… I can’t stand it. It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I hate it and it pisses me off and I have an hard time sleeping AND NOW THAT I’M THINKING ABOUT IT I’m going to have an hard time sleeping TONIGHT… With Josh’s ass in my face, is gonna be tough too.

J.H.: I’m going to stay awake late for that…

N.O.: And another thing: I hate Creed. And another thing: I hate that singer! I don’t even know his name…

(alguém diz que o vocalista chama-se Scott Stapp)

N.O.: Oh fuck!... (risos) See? See what I mean?... It’s his name that leaves a bad taste!

Chris Goss: Almost as bad as Rob Thomas. [N.R.: vocalista dos Matchbox Twenty]

N.O.: You know what I mean?

C.G.: Yeah…

N.O.: Almost! (risos)

C.G.: Almost… Or maybe 10 times worse!

N.O.: Exactly! (risos)

C.G.: We don’t care. You know what? We don’t give a fuck! [N.R.: brilhante alusão a Eminem e seus seguidores]

N.O.: WE DON’T GIVE A FUCK!! [N.R.: mais uma. Excelente interpretação.] (risos)

Alguém: What about Staind?

N.O.: Oh dude… Staind is just brown… (risos) Is that a brown staind, dude, or what?... (risos) That’s a brown staind in my shorts. Let’s just leave it as that. Thanks.


DM

Sem comentários: